Kastamonu University was founded on the basis of the law no 5467 which was enacted on 1st March, 2006 , and the university is composed of Faculty of Science and Arts, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Forestry, School of Health, School of Physical Education and Sports and Vocational School of Higher Education.
Today, the University is proud to employ 351 faculty instructors (professors, associates professors etc.), and 292 administrative personnel. It is a great pleasure to offer education to 9.733 students. Kastamonu University, whose foundation and construction works are still ongoing, pursues its educational activities with 8 faculties, 2 institutes, 4 schools, 11 vocational school.
With the regulation of the University Senate and approval of The Higher Education Council; works related to the foundation of Faculty of Communication and vocational schools in the districts of Kastamonu (Abana, Araç, Cide, İnebolu, Taşköprü and Tosya) are being carried on.
“Kuzeykent Campus” is the university’s main campus and located in the 3rd km of Daday Road. In the campus, there is one Faculty of Science and Arts, one Faculty of Forestry, one Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences, one School of Tourism and Hotel Management,one School of Health and Vocational School of Higher Education, one Conference Hall, one Sports Hall, 6 Laboratories and Workshop buildings, 1 Social Facility Building, outdoor sports fields and 2 buildings which had formerly served as dormitories and were later allocated to Administrative Units of the Presidency.
The size of the campus area is about 600 acres. Besides, in line with the works carried out in cooperation with the Governorate and the Municipality of Kastamonu, extending the size of the campus area to 1400 acres has been planned and the works related to the extension are about to be finalized.
Faculty of Education pursues its educational activities in different part of the city. The efforts to move this faculty into the campus have been carried on intensively.